Nobody wants to drink vegetable oil, right? So beware of cheap hot chocolate bombs from dubious sources. With colder weather around the corner, you'll be able to find hot chocolate bombs virtually anywhere in your neighbourhood! What you should know: many seasonal producers of so-called "chocolate" use low-quality, compound chocolate and inexpensive ingredients instead real chocolate. Compound chocolate contains other fats instead of cocoa butter, like palm kernel oil or other vegetable oils. While these oil substitutions are much more cost efficient, they severely impact the overall taste and mouth-feel (you know, that unpleasant waxy taste and texture?) and lack the health benefits attached to real chocolate. So be wise and choose the real deal. 🍫😋
About this product:
- Each Hot Chocolate Bomb weighs around 80 grams and is the perfect size for a cup of delicious, rich hot chocolate - whether you make it with water or any type of milk of your choosing.
- Our chocolate bomb shells are handcrafted with the finest Belgian semi-sweet chocolate and hide a delicious treasure inside: a generous serving of premium dark hot chocolate mix (Double Dutch Dark Chocolate, Castle Kitchen brand) and a ton of Dandies gelatin-free mini marshmallows. *We may add new flavours/combinations in the near future!*
- The shells are handpainted, and each one is unique -- i.e. designs will vary from batch to batch and from bomb to bomb!
- The chocolate we use for these Hot Chocolate Bombs is refined sugar free.
- We recommend that you enjoy these Hot Chocolate Bombs within three months of purchase and store them at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat source.
- How to serve: place your Hot Chocolate Bomb in a mug, slowly pour steaming hot milk or boiling water over the top - watch the chocolate shell melt away and release those marshmallows and decadent hot chocolate mix into the liquid. Then just stir and enjoy - careful, though, it will be very hot!
- Made in our DineSafe facility in Courtice, ON
- Nut free, gluten free
No detectable levels of dairy
- May contain coconut
Limited availability: We keep a very limited stock of ready-for-pick-up products -- you will find these listed on our website as "In stock". Most products are available as pre-orders and are listed on our website as "Pre-order (ready in about 1 week)". Alternatively, you can go shopping in person at Mathilda's, in Oshawa -- they are the first retail space to stock our products, no pre-order needed! Please contact them directly at (365) 688-3663 to check their current stock and prices.
Collecting your order: We cannot accommodate shipping or delivery at this time (except for our Chocolate Subscription Box), but we're happy to offer two local pick-up options at no extra cost - Oshawa and Courtice. Please make sure you indicate your preferred pick-up location here.
Payment methods: We currently accept credit cards, e-transfers and cash. For e-transfers, choose the "Bank transfer" option on the checkout page, and you'll be informed of any relevant details. To pay in cash, please choose the "Cash on delivery (COD)" option at checkout (this option is valid for pick up in Courtice only).
Sustainability: The chocolate we use is produced with selected and traceable cocoa beans and 100% sustainable. For every product you buy, a part is reinvested in sustainable cocoa farming through the Cocoa Horizons Foundation, whose mission is to improve the livelihoods of cocoa farmers and their communities, through the promotion of sustainable, entrepreneurial farming, improved productivity, and community development.