About this product:
- We're excited to present our very first commercially available bonbon collection! Bonbons are a confection made with chocolate molded into a hard shell that completely encases a creamier filling.
- Smooth and well-balanced with subtle vanilla note, our thin semi-sweet chocolate shell is tempered to perfection to produce that sharp and satisfying SNAP when you bite into it.
- Our bonbon shells and fillings are handcrafted with premium Belgian chocolate.
- Each box weighs 150-155 grams in total and includes 13 pieces, as such:
- One chocolate-covered sandwich cookie (double stuf!)
- 12 pieces of bonbons, two of each filling:
- Mocha brigadeiro
- Coconut brigadeiro
- Creamy milk chocolate
- Orange milk chocolate
- Raspberry milk chocolate
- A little background - "Brigadeiro" (bree-gah-day-ro) is possibly the most classic Brazilian dessert and most loved party treat in Brazil. Most commonly shaped as bite-sized chocolate balls covered with sprinkles, they are so decadent and gooey - impossible not to love! We got a little creative and incorporated brigadeiro into our bonbon collection. Our mocha brigadeiro is made with natural coffee flavour, and our coconut brigadeiro is made with real shredded coconut.
- The "milk chocolate" fillings in this box consist of our signature creamy milk chocolate recipe, described by some customers as "fudgy", others have compared it to a "mousse" - something everyone concurs though: it is simply delicious! In this collection, you get a taste of our original milk chocolate filling, as well as two brand new recipes: orange-infused and raspberry-infused milk chocolate, both made with natural flavours.
- We recommend that you enjoy our bonbons within two weeks. If you'd like to save some for later, tightly wrap your bonbons in moisture-proof plastic wrap and/or an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to four weeks. For a smoother consistency, remove them from the fridge about 30 minutes before enjoying them.
Collecting your order: We cannot accommodate shipping or delivery at this time, but we're happy to offer THREE pick up options at no extra cost. You can always refer to our Calendar page for order cut-off dates and other details.
- Courtice (L1E 2E3) - This is our default contactless pick up location, flexible schedule, any day of the week. Our current turnaround time is one week, and you'll be notified by email when your order is ready for pick up.
- Oshawa @ Mathilda's - Orders are available for pick up at Mathilda's every week on Friday and Saturday, from noon to 4pm. Orders must be placed online by Monday of the same week (e.g., order by Monday, May 17, and your treats will be ready for pick up as of noon on Friday, May 21). To request your pick up at Mathilda's, please type "Mathilda's - MM DD" (e.g. Mathilda's - May 21) under the "Add a note to your order" section on the checkout page.
- Toronto @ Dufferin Grove Park - We do our best to schedule at least one "pop up pick up event" in Toronto each month. Our next one is on June 19, just in time for Father's Day - you'll find us near the playground from 3 to 4pm. To book your pick up then, please type "Toronto - June 19" under the "Add a note to your order" section on the checkout page.
Payment methods: We currently accept credit cards, e-transfers and cash. For e-transfers, choose the "Bank transfer" option on the checkout page, and you'll be informed of any relevant details. To pay in cash, please choose the "Cash on delivery (COD)" option at checkout.
Sustainability: The chocolate we use is produced with selected and traceable cocoa beans and 100% sustainable. For every product you buy, a part is reinvested in sustainable cocoa farming through the Cocoa Horizons Foundation, whose mission is to improve the livelihoods of cocoa farmers and their communities, through the promotion of sustainable, entrepreneurial farming, improved productivity, and community development.